Monday, September 14, 2009

Summertime in Paris

The end of May and start of June was great in Paris. I got to see cousins from England, my French families' graves, the lovely 17th, the affluent 16th, and the more working class 15th neighborhoods of Paris. My couchsurfing host from Barcelona Tanya came out to visit and we went to the Mosque, the little Zoo, a French Open semi-finals, and a nice but disappointing walk through Bois de Bologne attempting to find rowboats on the lake.


Constant abuse from cousins


Family cemetery


One of my mother's French familys


The Chappats


The symbol of the French resistance during WWII


I was captivated by this fake rose








Another of my mother's French familys



The Noizottes


In the 17th


A beautiful Parisian planted walkway


Oh summertime


Perfect Roses


The 17th


The 16th


From the Trocadero


The Trocadero Fountain


The swanky 16th


Across the Seine


The Mosque of Paris


The Garden of the Mosque of Paris


Pigeons on the Mosque


Flamingos at the Menagerie in the Jardin des Plantes


A cemetery in the 15th


Soderling at the French Open


Soderling Winning


A beautiful couple in the Bois de Bologne