Monday, September 14, 2009

Italy - Naples, Pompei, Amalfi

I took a trip in June to Italy with a Californian girl who I was seeing in Paris. We Landed in Rome, took a train to Naples, stayed on prostitute way, and walked around the trash-filled city by day. Then we high-tailed it to Pompeii, the great ruined city under Mt. Vesuvius and jammed around there for the afternoon.


A beach in Naples. Painful beach if you ask me.


Amusing myself and no one else


Pizza in Naples!


This poor guy was having a heck of a time


Hope he doesn't suffer the same fate as this fellow


Rachel posing


Mt. Vesuvius


Laying down in the brothel at Pompeii


Rachel and I are clumsy kids. This was put up specifically for us.


The arena of Pompeii


Pompeii Roofs


I loved the color and textures


Again


Pompeii Pillars


Again


Poor guy


Rachel underneath the pillars


A garden within Pompeii


Italian Grapevines in Pompeii


So statuesque


I loved the lettering


Caught a train to another little city and thoroughly confused ourselves trying to make our way out onto the Amalfi coast. I had never been to a place like this before. This is the stuff that dreams are made of. Steep cliffs, turquoise water, little houses clinging to the bluffs, yachts bobbing in on the sea, perfect sunny weather and hospitable guests. Oh boy, I can't wait to go back when I have a little money to properly enjoy this place.


The restaurant at the Prickly Pear


Down and down the stairs to our private beach


Our private beach


Some Italian hunk who was posing for us


Some mermaid decorated me with rocks, amusing only herself, not the model


Beach, day 2


Did I mention how awesome Amalfi is?


Rachel in front of the Amalfi Coast and some creepy dude


Did I mention how beautiful Amalfi is?


Oh my...


Probably my favorite picture from the trip