Monday, September 14, 2009

Goodbye Paris!

Saying goodbye to Paris was very hard. I have composed this thank you note to ease the heartbreak:

Thank you Paris for all of the long walks, in the sunny crisp Fall with the changing leaves in the Jardin des Plantes, in the rainy Autumn along the Seine with my best friend Uri, at Christmastime along the Champs Elysee, in the cold dark Winter from Place de la Bastille after meeting friends for drinks, in the snowy white Winter through the Jardin de Luxembourg with a frozen fountain pond, in the early Spring around Place de Vosges, in full swing Spring through the Tuilleries, the Arenes, along Quai de la Rapee, up to Sacre Coeur, Trocadero, Belleville, and in the simmering summer through the busy streets by Beaubourg, Hotel de Ville, St. Michel, and throughout the Marias.

Thank you Paris for all of the cafes, parks, churches, vistas, bottles of wine, weekends staying up until it was early and sleeping in until late.

Thank you for the new friends that I made. Thank you for helping me see the beauty in people where I least expected it. Thank you for trying my patience again and again. Thank you for the time of my life. I will be back.


The entrance to the Arenes de Lutece, the park directly across the street from me.


The seats at the Arenes


Roosting pigeons at the Arenes


A rainy day at the Arenes


Rainy and deserted


The sun-bathed Seine


Sunset on the Seine


The view from my bedroom


The Pantheon from the roof of my apartment building


A very photoshopped version of the photo above


And looking toward Notre Dame