Monday, September 14, 2009

Italy - Rome, Florence, Pisa

After our amazing stay on the Amalfi Coast we journeyed North to Rome, hot, sweltering, beautiful, classy Rome. We did all the normal tourist stuff, the Sistine Chapel impressed again and we had a great time wandering around streets getting lost looking for cafes and restaurants from my guidebook that no longer operated. Terrific.


At the Collesium


At Circus Maximus


The Roman Forum


A building...sorry, I've totally forgotten what it is


Ceilings of the Vatican



I was amused by the statues in the Vatican


Mummies!


Sistine Chapel


Pretty radical drawings


The dome of St. Peters


Light streaming in


On top of St. Peters


St. Peters Square


The dome of St. Peters


The door of St. Peters


Taking shots from a chocolate shot glass


At the Trevi Fountain


Rachel and I

From Rome we went on to my favorite Italian city, Florence. I love the roofs and the churches, the river and the bridges, the food was great and the wine was lovely. I really enjoyed seeing the David again and climbing to the top of the Duomo was well well worth it. I shall be back one day.


Perhaps my favorite single piece of art in the world. My second time seeing it. No less cool. Oh ya, and Carlos Boozer was there.


Oooo...


Looking down the Duomo


Florence rooftops


Duomo


The Duomo


Inside the Duomo, this poor guy was falling ass-over-tea-kettle showing off his goods to all those tourists


Some pretty wild stuff is going on


Beautiful Doors in Florence


The coolest painting in the Uffizi, tons of naked people lounging in the forest, little kids peeing everywhere. Sounds like Utopia to me!


Amusing myself and annoying those around me


Beautiful Florence


Above Florence


The bridges of Florence


Watching the sunset from above Florence

From Florence to Pisa where I only had a short hour before my flight back to Paris. We walked straight to the Leaning Tower of course, took a few photos, scratched our heads, and then I was off, back to Paris. Trip well done.


Rachel on the train to Pisa


Mildly impressed


Rachel plus dude with a flag